Saturday, February 16, 2008

1979 + 1

Okay, forgive the recording, but I actually used an ipod microphone to get this in digital format in my living room. The acoustics aren't great to say the least, but I can't find this anywhere but the actual 7 inch, so here it is. Model Citizens was another no wave group from New York, and recorded this solitary 7 inch with producer/legend John Cale in 1979. Model Citizens split into two bands - The Dance (see earlier post), and Polyrock. Hope you enjoy the recording, maybe one day I'll update my recording technology.

1979 EP

From Athens, Georgia, Pylon released their first 7 inch in 1979. I don't have that EP, I have this, their 1980 full-length debut album. When Pylon first emerged, they were able to make inroads in the New York City scene due to support from the B-52s, and soon were opening for The Talking Heads, Gang of Four, and REM to name a few. The group disbanded around 1983, but since 2004 have been playing impromptu shows. Singer Vanessa Briscoe Hay is currently part of a music project called Supercluster, which thus far, has no recorded albums.

Gyrate

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I have been looking for this Model Citizens ep for YEARS. You've made my day. Thank you!!!!

CTB said...

Hey, that's great! Thanks so much for letting me know. Hope you find more great things on here.

Anonymous said...

enjoying your site. thanks for the tunes. keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Hey Supercluster released a CD in October 2009 and a single this year.